Moore County is sponsoring a number of public meetings to solicit input on the Moore County Comprehensive Transportation Plan. The schedule of meetings is listed below. The Village Council urges all Foxfire residents to attend one or more of these public meetings to learn more about the plan and to provide their input. At previously held public meetings county residents suggested the use of Hoffman Road as a route for the Western Connector and very few Foxfire Village residents attended to voice concerns. The draft Plan now shows the Western Connector on a new route east of our Village and includes a small portion of Foxfire Village incorporated area. This route presents both pros and cons for the Village. Please plan to attend one of these meetings and provide comments and perspective from the Foxfire Village viewpoint.
Suggested Talking Points
- We are happy to see that the Hoffman Road option for the western Connector is no longer a part of the plan. Widening of Hoffman (particularly to a four land divided road) would do irreparable harm to Foxfire Village; separating a neighborhood and golf course in half and endangering and inconveniencing families, children, and golfers who cross the road at many points to walk, exercise, swim, and play golf.
- The Plan should include concept(s) for a future roadway that diverts traffic, particularly truck traffic, further to the west perhaps using existing roads such as Highway 705 and Flowers and Derby Roads to the west and south of Foxfire Village, thereby relieving large volumes of truck traffic from traveling on the proposed Western Connector and 211 as far east as the West Pine Elementary and Middle Schools.
- The number one traffic problem in the southern part of the county is the traffic circle; aggressive action should be taken to improve the traffic flow at this choke point. Have all options been vetted to make changes/improvements?
The drop-in meetings schedule is as follows:
- April 9 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Carthage Agricultural Center - 707 Pinehurst Ave, Carthage
- April 11 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Vass Town Hall - 140 S Alma St, Vass
- April 11 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Cameron Fire Department - 170 Red Hill Rd, Cameron
- April 12 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Southern Pines Douglas Center - 1185 W Pennsylvania Ave, So. Pines
- April 17 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Aberdeen Lake Park - 400 Lakeshore Drive, Aberdeen
- April 17 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Pinehurst Village Hall - 395 Magnolia Rd, Pinehurst
- April 19 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Robbins North Moore High School - 504 N Moore Rd, Robbins
- April 23 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Aberdeen Elementary School - 503 N Sandhills Blvd, Aberdeen