West End Rural Fire Department and West End Rescue Squad were founded in the 1950’s and were chartered in 1956. Since that time the department has continued to grow and has formed into what is now West End Fire and Rescue.
The two departments merged together as one and now have two stations, 24 hour paid staff, 12 apparatus including a BLS transport unit, and protect a 56 square mile fire district and 100 square miles with EMS, Basic Life Support and Heavy Rescue. West End Fire and Rescue is currently a combination department career/volunteer.
More information is available at the WEFD website.